Here are all the ways to save money on tickets to Summerfest
There's only one thing better than Summerfest tickets, and that's free Summerfest tickets.
So here are all of the Big Gig's newly announced admission promotions, gate giveaways and special offers for its upcoming 2019 festival. Unless otherwise noted, most promos start at noon and run while supplies last or through mid-afternoon, whichever comes first. All exchanges also take place at the mid-gate promotions booth, located at the mid-gate plaza.
And, with no further ado, here are all the ways you can save your way into Summerfest this year:
Wednesday, June 26
- Stomp Out Hunger Day: From noon until 3 p.m., all patrons who donate three non-perishable food items (canned peaches and pears are particularly desired) to benefit the Hunger Task Force will receive one free weekday admission ticket. The ticket is valid the day of the promotion only. Donations will be accepted at the mid-gate promotions booth, as well as at the north and south gates.
Thursday, June 27
- Throwback Thursday: In addition to all beverages – save for smoothies, frozen drinks and coffee drinks – priced at 50% off from noon until 6 p.m., Pick 'n Save customers will receive four free Big Gig tickets – valid exclusively from noon until 6 p.m. – for every $50 they spend at the grocery store's locations from May 1 to 28. The tickets come printed at the bottom of your receipt and must be redeemed at Summerfest ticket windows on June 27, with a limit of three offers (or 12 tickets) per transaction.
Friday, June 28
- Show Your College Pride Day: From noon until 3 p.m., all patrons who arrive decked out in a shirt or hat representing one of the following participating colleges – Alverno College, Bryant & Stratton College, Cardinal Stritch University, Carroll University, Carthage College, Concordia University, Gateway Technical College, Herzing University, Marquette University, MATC, MSOE, Medical College of Wisconsin, UW-Platteville and UW-Milwaukee (sorry, Badgers fans) – will receive one free weekday admission ticket. As a bonus, high school students with a verified school ID will also receive one free admission ticket. The ticket is valid the day of the promotion only. Pick up your ticket at the mid-gate promo booth.
- Manufacturing Day: From 3 to 4 p.m., the Association of Equipment Manufacturers will celebrate its 125th anniversary by giving the first 400 patrons at the mid-gate promo booth one free admission ticket, valid the day of the promotion only.
Saturday, June 29
- Goodwill Day: From noon until 3 p.m., the first 1,200 patrons who present an original, specially marked receipt showing a minimum purchase of $15 from Goodwill between June 1 and 29 will receive one free general admission ticket. The ticket is valid the day of the promotion only. No copies or handwritten receipts will be accepted.
Sunday, July 30
- Kohl's Family Day: From noon until 3 p.m., the first 2,500 patrons who donate three nutritious non-perishable food items for kids – such as canned chicken or tuna, canned fruit in 100 percent juice or low sodium vegetables – to benefit the Hunger Task Force will receive one free admission ticket. The ticket is valid the day of the promotion only.
- Military Appreciation Day: From noon until 3 p.m., all active duty military personnel and veterans who present a military ID at the designated turnstile at any gate will be allowed in free, along with up to four family members
Tuesday, July 2
- Children's Fest Day: From noon until 3 p.m., all patrons will be admitted free, with select food vendors also offering discounts on food and beverage items.
Wednesday, July 3
- Direct Supply Seniorfest Day: From noon until 4 p.m., all patrons aged 60 and up will be admitted for free when they check in at the designated turnstile at any gate, as well as offered $2 off a food and non-alcoholic beverage purchase over $10.
- H.O.G. Member Day: From noon until 3 p.m., patrons who present a valid H.O.G. (Harley Owners Group) card will receive one free weekday admission ticket. The ticket is valid the day of the promotion only, and one admission is allowed per card. H.O.G. members will also have access to the Harley-Davidson Hospitality Deck, located at the Harley-Davidson Roadhouse, between noon and 5 p.m. The space is limited, so first-come, first-served.
Thursday, July 4
- Download the Summerfest App: There's plenty of reasons to check out the Summerfest App, but here's the best one: 15,000 free general admission tickets, valid for July 4, are available when you download the app and claim your ticket. The limit is one per device, and tickets are available only while supplies last, so get to downloading!
Saturday, July 6
- "Make a Child Smile" Day: From noon until 3 p.m., the first 1,500 patrons who donate new or gently used children's books with a minimum $10 value – preferably picture books and early readers for children ages birth through 10 – toward Next Door will receive a free admission ticket. The ticket is valid the day of the promotion only.
Sunday, July 7
- "Fan Appreciation Day": From noon until 3 p.m., all patrons will be admitted for free.
- Milwaukee Business Journal Power Lunch: All patrons that present an original coupon, printed in the Milwaukee Business Journal, at any ticket window will receive one free weekday admission ticket valid noon to 2 p.m. that same day.
For more information on special offers and promotional deals at this year's Big Gig, visit Summerfest's website. And for more Big Gig updates, reviews, previews and more, stay tuned to OnMilwaukee.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.