Celebrate summer with Sprecher's Feasts on the Beach at Doctors Park
The Traveling Beer Garden is one of Milwaukee's tastiest traditions, bringing beer and community all across the city – and for its upcoming stop at Doctors Park in Fox Point, thanks to Sprecher Brewery, it's about to get even tastier.
For five days during the traveling suds slinger's stop at the lakefront park, the mobile mead market will play host to Feasts on the Beach, themed communal eating experiences complete with food, entertainment, Tiki torches, a campfire and, of course, beer. Running from 6 to 9 p.m., each feast comes with a different theme and a different, mostly seafood-focused meal from The Stilt House in Cedarburg.
The five feasts include:
- Thursday, July 19: New England clam bake with steamer clams, corn on the cob, red potatoes and cornbread with entertainment from "The Voice of Elvis" John Van Thiel
- Tuesday, July 24: Door County fish boil with whitefish, cole slaw, red potatoes, corn on the cob and cherry pie with entertainment from Pangaea steel drum and marimba duo
- Wednesday, July 25: Hawaiian luau with roast pig, roasted pineapple, poi and tuna poke with entertainment from the Haleo Malo dance review
- Thursday, July 26: Louisiana crawfish boil with crawfish, shrimp, corn on the cob, red potatoes, red beans and rice, and cornbread with entertainment from the Bluegrass All Stars.
- Tuesday, July 31: Maryland crab feast with blue crabs, cornbread, red potatoes, corn on the cob and kielbasa sausage with entertainment from Jay Matthes surf songs and Jimmy Buffett tribute
"Whether you're into Elvis, Don Ho and the Hukilau, Jimmy Buffet, bluegrass or steel drums, so long as you like to have fun on the beach we've got you covered," said Sprecher president Jeff Hamilton, in a press release.
A single ticket to one of the Feasts on the Beach – which includes the food, entertainment, campfire and two beers – costs $60, while purchasing two or more tickets costs $40-50. For more information on tickets, visit Sprecher's website. And for more information on the rest of Milwaukee's fine beer gardens, check out our guide – as well as our guide to living your best possible beer garden life.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.