Why you need to be at this week's NEWaukee Night Market
I've called the Night Market the best weeknight event in Milwaukee. I love it – the people, the buzz, the energy, the Avenue. It's awesome.
Walk up Wisconsin Avenue as it begins and you'll see 64-year-old guys in suits, 20-year-olds in jeans and kids waiting in line for Pete's Pops. Its design and location bring out the best in Milwaukee and the best mix of Milwaukee truly comes out.
The event, which OnMilwaukee is a proud sponsor of, returns this Wednesday, Aug. 16 from 5 to 10 p.m.
Need a few "not to miss" items at this a mash up of art, craft and food vendors?
- Live art creation, local music and, yes, a beer garden
- Comedy with Comedy on the Bus with Bus Rapid Transit and Milwaukee Comedy
- Live work from Milwaukee Blacksmith
- Live screen printing with Visit Milwaukee
- Games like a jumbo-sized checker board
- Milwaukee Flyers Tumbling Team performance
- Virtual reality tours of the soon to be redeveloped Grand Theater with Kahler Slater
- Milwaukee tattoos from OnMilwaukee
Collisions matter, and by visiting the Night Market, you not only contribute to the local economy, but you become a part of the solution to a revitalization of West Wisconsin Avenue. It's happening. Trust me.
The market is held on Wisconsin Avenue between 2nd and 4th Streets.
See you there.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.