Here are all the ways to save money on tickets to Summerfest
There's only one thing better than Summerfest tickets, and that's free Summerfest tickets.
So here are all of the Big Gig's admission promotions, gate giveaways and special offers for its upcoming 2018 festival. Unless otherwise noted, most promos start at noon and run while supplies last or through mid-afternoon, whichever comes first. All exchanges also take place at the mid-gate promotions booth, located at the mid-gate plaza.
And, with no further ado, here are all the ways you can save your way into Summerfest this year:
Wednesday, June 27
- Stomp Out Hunger Day: From noon until 3 p.m., all patrons who donate three non-perishable food items to benefit the Hunger Task Force will receive one free weekday admission ticket. The ticket is valid the day of the promotion only. Donations will be accepted at the mid-gate promotions booth, as well as at the north and south gates.
- A Thank You to Fans: Summerfest will open with a bang as Big Gig crew and staff members will hand out 25,000 free weekday admission tickets while supplies last.
Thursday, June 28
- Throwback Thursday: In addition to all beverages – save for smoothies and ice cream drinks – priced at 50% off from noon until 6 p.m., Pick 'n Save customers will receive four free Big Gig tickets – valid exclusively from noon until 6 p.m. – for every $50 they spend at the grocery store's locations from May 9 through June 12. The tickets come printed at the bottom of your receipt and must be redeemed at Summerfest ticket windows on June 28, with a limit of three offers (or 12 tickets) per transaction.
Friday, June 29
- Show Your College Pride Day: From noon until 3 p.m., all patrons who arrive decked out in a shirt or hat representing one of the following participating colleges – Alverno College, Bryant & Stratton College, Cardinal Stritch University, Carroll University, Concordia University, Lawrence University, Marquette University, MATC, Medical College of Wisconsin, UW-Green Bay and UW-Milwaukee (sorry, Badgers fans) – will receive one free weekday admission ticket. The ticket is valid the day of the promotion only. Pick up your ticket at the mid-gate promo booth.
Saturday, June 30
- Goodwill Day: From noon until 3 p.m., the first 1,500 patrons who present an original, specially marked receipt showing a minimum purchase of $10 from Goodwill between June 1 and 30 will receive one free general admission ticket. The ticket is valid the day of the promotion only. No copies or handwritten receipts will be accepted.
Sunday, July 1
- Kohl's Family Day: From noon until 3 p.m., the first 2,500 patrons who donate three nutritious non-perishable food items for kids – such as canned chicken or tuna, canned fruit in 100 percent juice or low sodium vegetables – to benefit the Hunger Task Force will receive one free admission ticket. The ticket is valid the day of the promotion only.
- Military Appreciation Day: From noon until 3 p.m., all active duty military personnel and veterans who present a military ID at the designated turnstile at any gate will be allowed in free, along with up to four family members
- Sunday Fun-Day: Your Sunday Funday is about to get even more fun at Summerfest with this new discount, with $10 general admission tickets for all patrons arriving between 4 and 6 p.m. as well as 50 percent off all beverages (save for smoothies and ice cream drinks).
Tuesday, July 3
- Direct Supply Seniorfest Day: From noon until 4 p.m., all patrons aged 60 and up will be admitted for free when they check in at the designated turnstile at any gate, as well as offered $2 off a food and non-alcoholic beverage purchase over $10.
- H.O.G. Member Day: From noon until 3 p.m., patrons who present a valid H.O.G. (Harley Owners Group) card will receive one free weekday admission ticket. The ticket is valid the day of the promotion only, and one admission is allowed per card. H.O.G. members will also have access to the Harley-Davidson Hospitality Deck, located at the Harley-Davidson Roadhouse, between noon and 9 p.m. The space is limited, so first-come, first-served.
Wednesday, July 4
- Download the Summerfest App: There's plenty of reasons to check out the Summerfest App, but here's the best one: 15,000 free general admission tickets, valid for July 4, are available when you download the app and claim your ticket. The limit is one per device, and tickets are available only while supplies last, so get to downloading!
Thursday, July 5
- Children's Fest Day: From noon until 3 p.m., all patrons will be admitted free, with select food vendors also offering discounts on food and beverage items.
Friday, July 6
- Red Lobster Day: New to Summerfest's lineup of savings, Red Lobster Day will give free admission to the Big Gig to the first 750 patrons who show a Red Lobster receipt during the restaurant's Lobster and Shrimp Summerfest event taking place May 28 though July 6. The discount will take place from noon until 3 p.m., with tickets valid the day of the promotion only.
Saturday, July 7
- "Make a Child Smile" Day: From noon until 3 p.m., the first 1,500 patrons who donate new or gently used children's books – preferably picture books and early readers for children ages birth through 10 – toward the Betty Brinn Children's Museum with a $10 minimum value will receive a free admission ticket. The ticket is valid the day of the promotion only.
Sunday, July 8
- "Fan Appreciation Day": From noon until 3 p.m., all patrons will be admitted for free.
- Milwaukee Business Journal Power Lunch: All patrons that present an original coupon, printed in the Milwaukee Business Journal, at any ticket window will receive one free weekday admission ticket valid noon to 2 p.m. that same day.
National Liquor Mart: Snag a free Summerfest general admission ticket with the purchase of two 16-ounce 12 packs of Miller Lite at National Liquor Mart, located at 719 S. Cesar E. Chavez Drive.
For more information on special offers and promotional deals at this year's Big Gig, visit Summerfest's website. And for more Big Gig updates, reviews, previews and more, stay tuned to OnMilwaukee.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.