Monday is the final tasting to pick a winner for Georgie Porgie's frozen custard flavor contest, held in honor of National Frozen Custard Day, which takes place annually on Aug. 8.
OnMilwaukee is a sponsor of the second annual event.
Details of the contest, which wraps up tonight with free samples of all five finalist flavors at the Oak Creek restaurant so that folks can vote to select the winner, can be found here.Â
Georgie Porgie's Gina Esch says 155 entries were received, from which staff selected the top five finalists. Now, everyone is invited to stop in tonight at 6:30 to taste the samples and vote for their favorite.
Here are the finalists:
- White Chocolate Raspberry Nutella Cheesecake: Vanilla custard with white chocolate sauce, raspberries, Nutella and cheesecake pieces.
- Blueberry Lemon Pie: Vanilla custard with lemon pudding, blueberry pie filling and pie crust pieces.
- Yabba Dabba Dino Doo: Twist custard with chocolate pebble cereal, chopped peanuts, hot fudge and brownie bits.
- Krispy Delight: Vanilla custard with marshmallow crÃ¨me, marshmallow puffs and krispy treat crumbles
- Sticky Bun: Vanilla custard with chocolate sauce, yellow cake pieces, cinnamon, pecans and caramel.
I'll be there tonight with Kathleen McCann, co-author of the book, "Milwaukee Frozen Custard,"Â to taste and vote, too. Â