Wisconsin drive-in theaters to host Garth Brooks concert on June 27
Concerts are back ... sort of.
Country superstar Garth Brooks will perform a special one-night-only social distanced concert on Saturday, June 27, streamed to 300 drive-in theaters across the country – including several Wisconsin locations.
The "Friends in Low Places" singer made the announcement on Thursday morning.
"I am so excited to get to play again. I have missed it so much and want to get back to it," Brooks said, in a statement. "This drive-in concert allows us all to get back to playing live music without the uncertainty of what would be the result to us as a community. This is old school, new school and perfect for the time we are in."
According to TMJ4, eight Wisconsin drive-in theaters are currently set to screen the concert experience, including:
- Big Sky Twin Drive-In Theater: N9199 Winnebago Rd. in Wisconsin Dells
- Chilton Twilight Outdoor Theater: 1255 E. Chestnut St. in Chilton
- Field of Scenes: N3712 WI-55 in Freedom
- Highway 18 Outdoor Theatre: W6423 US-18 in Jefferson
- Moonlight Outdoor Theater: 1494 E. Green Bay St. in Shawano
- River's Edge Drive-In: 1820 Raleigh Rd. in New Richmond
- Sky Vu Drive In Movie Theater : N1936 WI-69 in Monroe
- Skyway Drive-In Theater: 3475 State Highway 42 in Fish Creek
More locations may be added, but as of right now, the closest location screening the concert is the Highway 18 drive-in, which is just less than an hour outside of Milwaukee.
Tickets for the screened concert will go on sale Friday, June 19 at 11 a.m. at Ticketmaster. Tickets cost $100 per car/truck.
And for more drive-in fun, be sure to check out OnMilwaukee's guide to the state's drive-in options.
Get all the daily headlines in your inboxSign up for our newsletter
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.