Here are your 88Nine Radio Milwaukee Music Award winners
Tickets for Thursday's 11th annual Radio Milwaukee Music Awards show – at which there were performances by House of Renji, Paper Holland, Amanda Huff and Dramatic Lovers, and DJ sets throughout the night from Moses – were a hot commodity.
It's easy to see why, when looking at the list of winners, which reminds us that Brew City's music scene is as alive as ever ... maybe more so.
Here are the winners, category by category. Congratulations to the winners and the nominees.
- Album of the Year: Lorde Fredd33 – "NORF: The Legend of Hotboy Ronald"
- Song of the Year: Abby Jeanne – "Be In The Sun"
- Solo Artist: Amanda Huff
- Band of the Year: Immortal Girlfriend
- Album Artwork: Amanda Huff – "Hemiptera"
- Music Video: Amanda Huff – "Gravetalking"
- Independent Release: Shle Berry – "Parallels"
- Best Disc We Missed: DelMar the Poet – "Rafters"
- Music Ambassador: Kelsey Kaufmann (music promoter; general manager and events coordinator of Cactus Club)
- Humanitarian: Diverse and Resilient (an organization dedicated to achieving health equity and improve the safety and well-being of LGBTQ people and communities in Wisconsin, for its Colors in Bloom campaign featuring Milwaukee musicians Lex Allen and Taj Raiden)
- Rising Star (recognizing an artist 17 years old or younger): Iris Ramirez, singer/songwriter
- Critics' Choice Album Of The Year: Lorde Fredd33 – "NORF: The Legend of Hotboy Ronald"
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.