An expert's timeline for planning the perfect wedding
Welcome to "Wedding Week" on OnMilwaukee! Whether your wedding is right around the corner, or down the road, The Corners has just what you need to make your day extra special!
Planning a wedding is stressful, there are so many things you have to check off of your list and
it probably seems never-ending. Plus, when do you have to have everything done by?! Not only do you have a list of things that have to get accomplished, but they also are on a timeline. Yikes!
If the thought of all this planning is making you want to take a long walk down the liquor aisle, then grab a bottle of wine, get cozy and take some notes – because this article is for you.
I've partnered with Papersource at The Corners of Brookfield to put together a timeline for all you brides or grooms to be. Most of the things on this list can be taken care of or ordered right from the store.
6-9 months prior to wedding
- Create a guest list
- Send save the dates, along with info on hotels, shuttles and activities
4-6 months prior to wedding
- Select wedding invitations including response cards, envelopes, etc.
- Hire a calligrapher
- Purchase labels or order address embosser
- Take a workshop to learn more about wedding ideas
2-4 months prior to wedding
- Bring finished invitations to post office for weighing and purchase correct postage
- Stamp and mail invitations
1-2 months prior to wedding
- Create table numbers/names
- Order or make your wedding programs and menus
- Make or purchase wedding party gifts
1 month prior to wedding
- Organize seating chart
- Wrote our escort/placecards (to deliver with list to calligrapher)
- Create favors for guests
- Order personalized stationary for thank you cards
- Purchase guest book and photo album
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.