13 fun things to do while social distancing
Some people are more cut out for social distancing than others. For those who already enjoyed spending long periods of time in the house and have myriad home-based hobbies, this "new normal" is – at least for now – a surreal dream come true.
But for others, those who prefer or are accustomed to the on-the-move lifestyle, it will be a challenging time. After all, a person can only binge watch so many episodes of "The Office" in one sitting.
So here are some ideas for stimulating things to do during this strange, strange time.
- Take a tour of a national park here.
- Take a free, online class from an Ivy League school here.
- Peruse the NASA media library here.
- Bake yourself some sourdough bread – or, if you bring something new to the table (quite literally), check out Lori Fredrich's Quarantine Kitchen cooking show live-stream series.
- Take a free, online, 30-day photography class with local photographer Jessica Kaminski here.
- Do some online fitness or yoga – the Peloton app is free for 30 days or with Milwaukee's Empower Yoga here.
- Binge listen to a podcast. We shamelessly suggest Food Crush or Dandelions: A Podcast for Women.
- Create an electronic musical masterpiece by downloading the Moog and Korg synthesizer apps for free – info here.
- Check out a 14 day mini-edit on The Home Edit or their Instagram page.
- Learn to solve the Rubik's cube for free with Cubing MKE.
- Download Smule and start karaoke-ing – it's free to download, $7.99 for a month.
- Rent a movie from Sofa Cinema (and support Milwaukee Film and the Oriental Theater in the process).
- Watch 15 available Broadway plays for free.
Get all the daily headlines in your inboxSign up for our newsletter
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.