Peep this: Historic MKE hosts its 3rd annual Peeps MKE diorama contest
Peep this, Milwaukee. Historic Milwaukee Inc. is hosting its third annual Peep Diorama Contest and has asked me to be a judge!
The competition, which takes place from March 12 until April 6, invites contestants to create a shoebox-sized diorama of some part of Milwaukee's built environment and history, using those colorful, squishy little Easter treats as characters.
So, think a pink chickadee Solomon Juneau canoeing through wild rice in the Menomonee valley or perhaps a sprayed yellow Increase Lapham surveying Kilbourntown. Maybe a pink Henry Koch observing the construction of his shoebox-sized City Hall.
Or maybe something a tad more obvious, like a Peeps Oriental, Usinger's or Summerfest (though those have been done already).
You get the idea.
You must submit photos of your entry by March 12, and then HMI Executive Director Stacy Swadish and I eat, I mean rate, your Peeps dioramas.
Afterward, some of the best, most interesting entries will be on public display in the HMI office/store at 235 E. Michigan St. for the public to vote on.
Then, on April 6, winners will be announced.
Peeps March on Milwaukee.
Here are the official rules...
- Create a scene referencing Milwaukee's built environment and rich history. Get creative!
- Construct your diorama using a shoe-box or other comparably-sized item, not to exceed 3 feet wide by 2 feet deep by 2 feet tall
- Use Peeps to represent the characters in your scene
- Submit up to 5 JPEG images of the diorama on our website
- Provide relevant information: name, age, hometown, phone number, email address
- Title of diorama
- Description of scene
- Entry photos must be submitted by March 12, selected entries need to be delivered to the HMI office by March 23
The attempted assassination of Teddy "Peeps" Roosevelt.
Everyone who enters will receive a Historic Milwaukee baseball cap. And there will be prizes, like HANmade Milwaukee Lakefront jigsaw puzzles or $25 gift certificates to HMI Store for first prize in the kids 12 and under and teens categories, and gift certificates to the shop for adult winners ($100 for first prize; $50 for second; and $25 for third).
Submit your entries here, and good luck
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.