The Pfister Hotel announces Artist-in-Residence finalists
The Pfister Hotel has announced the six finalists for its 2017-18 Artist-in-Residence program. The finalists are:
• Heather Eiden, world folk artist
• Margaret Muza, tintype portrait artist
• Katie & Chris Robleski, night photographers & lightpainters
• Kate Schaffer, experimental painter-writer
• Ariana Vaeth, interpersonal figurative painter
• Cedra Wood, magic realist painter
The finalists' work will be on display at Gallerie M at the InterContinental Milwaukee, beginning on Gallery Night, Friday, Jan. 20, through mid-February for the public voting portion of the selection process.
Once selected, the artist, chosen by a juried committee (with the public vote being one vote on the committee), would serve as the ninth Artist-in-Residence at the Pfister. The artist will work in the lobby-level studio, interacting with and inspiring the hotel's guests.
Detailed voting information will be released in the coming weeks.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.