I spy your Thanksgiving pie: 8 bakeries that take dessert off your plate
The bird might take center stage during the Thanksgiving holiday. But we all know that the real star of the party is the pie.
Whether it's pumpkin, pecan, sweet potato, apple or even French silk, there's nothing quite like topping off your holiday feasting with one of America's favorite desserts.
And we know a secret. You don't have to be a great baker to serve great pie on Thanksgiving Day. Just look to one of the city's best scratch bakeries for holiday pies worth their weight in flavor. Here are eight of our favorite spots.
7328 W. Greenfield Ave., (414) 482-1288
- Caramel apple
- Dutch apple
- Key lime
- Coconut cream
- Lemon meringue
- Chocolate cream
- Banana cream
All pies require a minimum of at least 48 hours notice for pick-up through Nov. 27. Delivery is also available.
Cost: $13.95-20 per pie (for 9-10-inch pies); 2-inch and 4-inch pies are also available for purchase by the dozen.
To order: Place your order online at aggiesbakery.com.
Black Shoe Bakery
Blue's Egg Milwaukee, 317 N. 76th St., (414) 336-1005
- Apple (topped with cinnamon oat streusel and drizzled with caramel)
- Pumpkin (topped with sweetened whipped cream and sprinkled with cinnamon)
- Key Lime (topped with sweetened whipped cream and sprinkled with graham cracker crumbs)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake (topped with sweetened whipped cream and candied pecans)
All pies require a minimum of 48 hours notice for pick-up Nov. 13-27. Dinner rolls ($12/dozen) and butterflake rolls ($18/dozen) are also available for pre-order.
Cost: $18-26 per pie (for 9-inch pies)
To order: Place your order online at blackshoecatering.com; you can specify both your day and time of pick-up during the ordering process.
408 W. Florida St., (414) 252-0143z
- Salted caramel apple
- Chocolate pecan
- Bourbon maple cake (serves 12-14, $48)
Desserts must be pre-ordered before Nov. 26 for pick-up on Nov. 27 (the patisserie will be open until 9 p.m.).
Cost: $29-48, depending on selection.
To order: Call (414) 252-0143.
655 N. Brookfield Rd. (commercial kitchen; no retail), (414) 418-5217
Hatched on Facebook
- Black Bottom Oat
- Caramel Apple
- Classic Apple
- Classic Pumpkin
- Cranberry Cherry
- Plum Raspberry
- Pumpkin Praline
- Salted Brown Butter Honey
- Southern Pecan
- Sweet Potato Coconut
- Fall Hand Pie Box
- Fruit Hand Pie Box
- Big Bag Of Pie Fries
All pies must be ordered on or before Nov. 22 for pick-up on Nov. 27 (pick-up locations listed below).
- 88Nine Radio Milwaukee, 220 E. Pittsburgh Ave. (between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.)
- Birch + Butcher, 459 E. Pleasant St. (between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.)
- Vennture Brew Co., 5519 W. North Ave. (between 5 and 8 p.m.)
- Hatched Kitchen, 655 N. Brookfield Rd. (between 4 and 7 p.m.)
Cost: $30-32 per pie.
To order: Call (414) 418-5217 or place your order online.
2643 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., (414) 489-7437
- Banana cream (also available gluten-free)
- Chocolate cream (also available gluten-free)
- Key Lime (also available gluten-free)
- Double apple
- Classic pumpkin
- Vegan mixed berry streusel
- Door County Cherry Crumb
- Pumpkin praline cheesecake
- Bourbon walnut pecan
All pies require a minimum of at least 48 hours notice. Orders can be picked up on Wednesday, Nov. 27 at Palomino, 2491 S. Superior St. from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. or at SmallPie in Crossroads Collection, 2238 N. Farwell Ave. from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Cost: $29-32 per pie, depending on flavor.
To order: Call (414) 242-6389 or place your order online.
Miss Molly's Cafe & Pastry Shop
9201 W. Center St., (414) 249-5665
- Pecan with bourbon whipped cream (11-inch)
- Pumpkin with spiced chai whipped cream (11-inch)
- Apple with oat streusel and caramel drizzle (11-inch)
- Pumpkin Bread (gluten + dairy free, 9-inch)
All orders must be placed by Nov. 16 for pick-up on Nov. 27 (between 3 and 5 p.m.) or Nov. 28 (between 10 a.m. and noon).
Cost: $32 per pie; $16 for pumpkin bread
To order: Place your order online.
8103 W. Tower Ave., (414) 759-4992
Mr. Dye's Pies on Facebook
- Brandy Old Fashioned cherry
- Blueberry Hill
- Key Lime
- Classic sweet potato
- Pecan Delight
- Purple Monster
- Nawlin's Pecan
Cost: $18-28 for regular pies; slightly higher for gluten-free or sugar-free pies.
To order: Call (414) 759-4992.
200 N. Broadway, (414) 291-3971
- Caramel apple
- Maple pumpkin
- Chocolate cream
Full size 9-inch pies will be available for sale and pick up in the café on Nov. 27 from 10am-4pm or while supplies last. Mini 5-inch pies are available Nov. 14-30 while supplies last.
Cost: $12 for 5-inch pies (100 percent of proceeds go to No Kid Hungry); $20 for 9-inch pies (50 percent of the proceeds donated to No Kid Hungry)
For more information: Call (414) 291-3971.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.