It's officially time for Downtown's biggest happy hour event, Taste & Toast
"Bar Month" at OnMilwaukee is back! For the entire month of March, we're serving up fun articles on bars, clubs and beverages – including guides, the latest trends, bar reviews, the results of our Best of Bars poll and more. Follow along with the #DrinkOnMke hashtag too. Grab a designated driver and dive in!
Get your chompers and sippers ready. It's time for the second annual Taste & Toast, a happy hour extravaganza celebrating some of Milwaukee's best Downtown spots.
This year's event will take place March 2-6 and will feature specially priced small plates, appetizers, cocktails and mocktails from 4 to 7 p.m. at a variety of Downtown restaurants.
Participating restaurants include AJ Bombers, Ale Asylum Riverhouse, Blue Bat Kitchen & Tequilaria, Cantina, Cubanitas, DOC's Commerce Smokehouse, East Town Kitchen & Bar, Flannery's, Harbor House, The Harp, The Knick, McGillycuddy's, Monarch Lounge, MOTOR Bar & Restaurant, Oak Barrel Public House, Onesto, Red Rock Saloon, Red Star, The Rumpus Room, The Bar at Saint Kate Arts Hotel, SafeHouse, Smoke Shack, Stella Van Buren, Trinity Three Irish Pubs, Uncle Buck's, Vagabond, Water Street Brewery and Who's on Third.
Among the options for Taste & Toast, you'll find a variety of mouthwatering options including:
- Tuna poke nachos ($6) and fried Brussels sprouts ($5) paired up with $4 house 'ritas and housemade strawberry agua fresca ($2) at Blue Bat Kitchen & Tequilaria.
- There are smoked chicken legs ($3) or smoked salmon dip at DOC's Commerce Smokehouse along with drink options like an Ancho Paloma ($6) or handmade raspberry lemonade ($5).
- At Harbor House, there are spicy coconut mussels ($13) and shrimp hushpuppies ($8) along with pours of red and white wine for $4 and the Deck Hand Mocktail with lime-and mint-infused simple syrup, cranberry juice, pineapple juice, topped with soda and ginger beer ($5).
- There's rosemary hummus ($7) and Willow Creek Berkshire meatballs with San Marzano marinara, ricotta salata ($7) paired with a Wisco old fashioned ($9) or The Hibby, a carbonated mocktail with cucumber water, hibiscus, lemon, rose essence and mint ($7) at The Bar at Saint Kate Arts Hotel
- Head to Uncle Buck's for seared scallops (4) with pan-roasted Brussels
sprouts, carrot and ginger purée and crispy bacon ($13.95) and a hibiscus sparkler ($7) or a non-alcoholic rosemary sage paloma ($5).
Full menus for participating restaurants are available at tastetoastmke.com.
Eat, sip and enter to win
As a bonus incentive for participating in Taste & Toast, diners who participate and complete a survey about their experience will be entered to win the grand prize, four roundtrip tickets (to be used before No. 21, 2020) to any domestic or international Southwest Airlines destination. Two runners-up will also be awarded $350 in dining gift certificates. To enter, participate in Taste & Toast and fill out the survey at tastetoastmke.com by March 9. At the conclusion of the event, winners will be selected via a random drawing.
Park for $3
During Taste & Toast, you can also take advantage of a special $3 parking rate at select Interstate Parking lots. To do so, all you need to do is park, then enter your license plate number at the kiosk. Select rate option "Taste & Toast," enter code TNT20 and submit payment.
Taste & Toast is a prelude to Downtown Dining Week, which will return June 4-11.
Get all the daily headlines in your inboxSign up for our newsletter
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.