Chef Latinos Wisconsin to host first Las Catrinas dinner at Good City Brewing
Last fall, we brought you the news of Chef Latinos Wisconsin, an organization established to give Latino employees in the food industry support, increased visibility and a platform to share their culinary stories.
On Tuesday, Jan. 28, the organization will launch the first of three collaborative pairing dinners at Good City Brewing Co., 2108 N. Farwell Ave. And you can support both their efforts and the work of the Wisconsin Humane Society by attending.
The first Las Catrinas series dinner, which will feature five courses plus beverage pairings, will focus on foods and flavors that these chefs grew up enjoying; and their dishes will showcase modern takes on recipes and techniques which have been passed down to them by their families.
- Starters from Chefs Nicolas Ramos and Erasmo Guerrero: Duck carnitas with hazelnut mole and hominy purée will be served alongside mango and scallop ceviche bites. The starter course will be paired with beer from Good City.
- First course by Chef Luis Corona: Pork belly tacos with poblano tortillas.
Pairing: Good City Salud, a tequila barrel-aged Imperial Pilsner with lime and orange peel and lime puree.
- Second course by Chef Arnie Gonzales: Braised birria empanada; a masa empanada filled with braised goat, served with tomato escabeche and chevre and cucumber salad.
Pairing: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Third course by Chef Martin Magaña: Hoja Santa wrapped sea bass with esquites, chili piquin aioli, pickled onion, pelo de elote and crispy guajillo strips.
Pairing: Good City Mama Tried Ale, a crushable, light bodied custom ale custom designed for the Mama Tried Motorcycle Show.
- Fourth course by Chef Ramses Alvarez: Wagyu short rib mixiotes featuring 34-hour braised sous vide short ribs wrapped in banana leaves and served with pickled salsify and carrot escabeche.
- Dessert course by Chef Ivan Fernandez: Dulce de leche panna cotta with cinnamon filigrano butter crumbs, sweet and salty pepitas and chocolate and peach macarons.
Pairing: Good City Days of My Youth, a farmhouse style saison with aromas of orchard fruits, particularly apricots, and mild oaky vanilla. A delicate spice profile intertwined with mildly sweet cereal grains presents a balanced bitterness, finishing with toasty oak tannins.
Tickets for the dinner are available online for $95 per person, which includes five courses plus beverage pairings. In addition, 20 percent of the sales from each ticket will be donated to the Wisconsin Humane Society.
Get all the daily headlines in your inboxSign up for our newsletter
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.