Kohler Food & Wine to feature Bartolotta Chef's Stage takeover, Oct. 17-20
Summer is still blazing, but autumn is knocking at the door. Fortunately, there are plenty of good things to look forward to this fall. And one is the annual Kohler Food & Wine Experience, which will take place Oct. 17-20.
Tickets are now on sale for the signature food and wine festival, which features dining events and food and beverage programming headed up by celebrity chefs, wine and cocktail experts from around the world.
Bartolotta Chef Stage
For the first time ever, Milwaukee-based Bartolotta Group will host a "take-over" of the Chef's Kitchen Stage.
Guests have the opportunity to learn the secrets of making ultra creamy polenta with Corporate Executive Sous Chef Aaron Bickham. They can also explore seasonal fare with Bacchus Executive Chef Nick Wirth, who will examine contemporary cooking methods using the freshest seasonal ingredients and Chef Brianna Bedan of Joey Gerard's, who will present autumnal cuisine in the Wisconsin Supper Club style.
Meanwhile, Harbor House Executive Chef John Korycki will share his secrets in a simple recipe for fresh sea scallops.
Attendees can also sit back, relax and enjoy a champagne dinner with pairings created by James Beard winner, executive chef and managing partner Adam Siegel or a a four-course wine dinner created by Siegel and corporate executive sous chef Aaron Bickham.
Headlining the main stage this year are top talents including:
- Maneet Chauhan: The first Indian female competitor on Food Network's "Iron Chef America" and "The Next Iron Chef," Maneet Chauhan is now a permanent judge on the network's high-acclaimed show "Chopped," where she earned the 2012 James Beard Foundation Broadcast Media Award. After stints in New York City and Chicago, Chauhan has established herself as co-owner and executive chef of Indian-focused eatery, Chauhan Ale & Mascala House in Nashville.
- Joe Flamm: Season 15 winner of Bravo's "Top Chef," Joe Flamm earned a name for himself as the executive chef at Chicago's Michelin-starred restaurant, Spiaggia. The acclaimed chef recently announced he will take his passion and knowledge of Italian fare to open his own restaurant.
- Carla Hall: Bravo's "Top Chef" and "Top Chef: All Stars" alumna and former co-host of ABC's Emmy award-winning series "The Chew," Carla Hall is sweeping the literary front with her third cookbook, "Carla Hall's Soul Food: Everyday and Celebration."
- Jet Tila: Chef, culinary consultant and Los Angeles native, Jet Tila has been known for his Thai/Asian-fusion cuisine since the 90s with roles in various kitchens across the U.S. (including Encore at the Wynn in Las Vegas and Pakpao Thai in Dallas) and the co-founder of Asian fast-casual concept, Modern Asian Kitchen. He's taken the food TV world by storm appearing and competing on several Food Network television series, including "Chopped," and "Iron Chef America."
- "America's Test Kitchen": The top-rated cooking show on public television, will be represented by cast members: Bridget Lancaster, Executive Editorial Director; Julia Collin Davison, Executive Editorial Director; and Jack Bishop, Chief Creative Officer
Wine & Spirits
Guests can also enjoy the "Spirits District," special programming featuring interactive sampling sessions with libation and wine experts from around the world, the Gourmet Marketplace in the lower level of The American Club, and a variety of tastings at the Woodlake Market.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.