Busy night in Westown brings street closures and parking restrictions
Due to the campaign rally being held at the UWM Panther Arena and a Bucks game simultaneously at 7 p.m. at the Fiserv Forum on Tuesday – as well as expected protests (not, presumably, against the best team in the NBA), Milwaukee Police Department has announced some road closures.
Closures will begin at noon and are expected to last until 10 p.m. Here are the affected streets:
- State Street from Old World 3rd to James Lovell will be closed
- Kilbourn Avenue from 3rd to 6th will be closed
- Vel R. Phillips Street from Wells to Turner Hall will be closed
- 6th Street from Wells to State will be closed
- 6th Street from State to McKinley will be affected
There will be no on-street parking on:
- Highland Avenue from 3rd to 7th
- 6th Street from Wells to Highland
- McKinley Avenue from 3rd to 6th
There will be intermittent access allowed to the parking lot on 6th and State.
Drop-offs, including rideshares, will be allowed at Vel R. Phillips and Highland, with east access only from 3rd and Highland.
Doors open at the Fiserv Forum at 5 p.m. Doors open at the Panther Arena at 3 p.m.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.