A quintet of favorite Gathering Place brews are now in cans
The coronavirus pandemic has changed our everyday life, but it doesn't need to change who we are. So, in addition to our ongoing coverage of the coronavirus, OnMilwaukee will continue to report on cool, fun, inspiring and strange stories from our city and beyond. Stay safe, stay healthy, stay informed and stay joyful. We're all in this together. #InThisTogetherMKE
A quintet of familiar draft brews now in cans brings Gathering Place Brewing 's line of canned beers to 10.
The new cans will launch on Saturday, April 18 from 2 until 6 p.m. in the taproom, along with fresh new batches of flagship beers Friendly Debate IPA and Treffpunkt Kolsch. (Let's get #CoolinWithKölsch trending on Twitter.)
"These seasonal and one-off beers are some of our best sellers and we've considered canning them for a while," said Joe Yeado, founder of Gathering Place Brewing, in a statement Friday.
"Our mobile canner recently told us they could package directly from kegs, meaning we can get these beers to our thirsty customers in a safe and responsible manner."
The five beers now in cans, with descriptions from the brewery, are:
- Ryed of the Valkyries (4.7% ABV/ 27 IBU), an Amber Rye Lager with a spicy pumpernickel flavor complemented by a floral hop aroma. It has a clean taste but assertive bitterness.
- Conversation Starter (6.3% ABV/65 IBU), an Italian Style Pale Ale that sparks conversation with questions like What makes it an Italian Pale? Why does it taste so soft? What's that aroma?
- Kings Alley (5% ABV/49 IBU), an Altbier with a crisp, nutty flavor and an assertive but palate-pleasing bitterness. Floral and herbal with a black tea-like hop character.
- Storm & Stress (5.3% ABV/ 27 IBU), a German Black Lager with flavors of dark chocolate, coffee, plum and citrus zest. Tastes clean with a hint of roasted malt sweetness.
- White Rooster (4.7% ABV/ 36 IBU), a White Tea Pale Ale that pairs floral and honey aromas from Rishi's White Peony tea with bright citrus and spiciness from Saphir hops.
You can begin placing orders for these beers online on Friday, April 17 at 9 a.m. Pickup is slated for Saturday, April 18 from 2 to 6 p.m.
Get all the daily headlines in your inboxSign up for our newsletter
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.